Saturday 5 April 2008

Seven Ways to Keep Joy in your Creative Life

How many times have we felt so clogged up with worries, negative thoughts and disillusionment? As creative people we are sensitive and often driven by emotional responses to even the smallest thing.
We need to guard against the negative spiral of these blocks to our creativity and treat ourselves like precious objects to keep us strong.
You may read this and dismiss the "psychobabble" as nonsense and a waste of your time. But trust me when I tell you that I teach singing, and one of the most powerful methods I use to get my students to improve their performance, is visualisation of being in their most favourite place in the world when they sing. The results are amazing. So if a small thing like that can make a difference, why not try the Seven Ways...
I found the following in a small book on my shelf called, "Your Psychic Pathway to Joy"by Sonia Choquette PhD :
  1. When you wake up in the morning, give yourself three loving compliments.
  2. Before you go to sleep, think of three good things that happened to you that day.
  3. When you brush your teeth in the morning, look into your eyes and say, "I love you," and mean it.
  4. During the day, pay attention to any subtle energy shifts, and ask your heart for guidance when anything is off balance.
  5. Put a white loving light of protection around yourself every day.
  6. Every three hours think of at least one thing that makes you laugh.
  7. Appreciate yourself for making at least one creative choice a day.
My greyhound, Jaz, knows how to chill - maybe we should take a leaf out of her book!
Photobucket

Happy, relaxing, self protecting time to you :)

sketch above: Jaz 1 (c) 2007 Deborah Eileen Burrow

No comments: